Constitution of Beacon Hill & Hindhead Focus Group
The name of the group is Beacon Hill & Hindhead Focus Group
To encourage a strong community spirit with all the people living in and working in Beacon Hill & Hindhead by providing opportunities to learn, relax and participate.
The committee has the power to raise funds and receive contributions and do all such other lawful things as are necessary for the achievement of the aims.
- Participation shall be open to any person living or working in the Beacon Hill & Hindhead community.
- The Group shall be administered by a Management Committee.
- The officers of the Management Committee will be the Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary
- The Management Committee may also include up to four other elected committee members.
- The officers will be elected at the Annual General Meeting in September each year for a term of Two (2) years before standing for re-election.
- The Committee must meet at least four times a year. Voting shall be by a show of hands. If there is a tied vote then the Chairperson shall have a second vote.
- The Management Committee shall have the power to remove any member of the Committee for a good and proper reason and appoint another member to take their place.
- The Management Committee can opt-out up to three further members as required, in an advisory and non-voting capacity to help the group to fulfil the aims of the group.
- Minutes will be recorded by the Secretary and will be sent to committee members within 14 days of committee meetings. These minutes will be made accessible to all participants.
Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Management Committee
- The Annual General Meeting will be held in September every year or within two months.
- The committee will report on its work, present the accounts and re-appoint its officers.
- All members of the Management have an equal vote.
Extraordinary General Meeting of the Management Committee
- Changes to the constitution can only be altered at an Extraordinary General Meeting (or at an AGM).
- Suggested changes must be with the secretary at least 10 days before the meeting.
- All members will be given at least 14 days’ notice of the meeting.
- Changes must be agreed by two thirds of the members present.
- The Treasurer will open a bank Account using the same name as the group’s name. With 3 officers being signatories
- The Treasurer will keep accurate accounts outlining all payments made and income received.
- Two of the Three designated Officers must sign all cheques.
- Only these three officers can jointly issue instructions to the bank.
- These three officers will not be from the same household or related.
- The Treasurer will have the accounts checked by an independent person with adequate financial experience and present these to the AGM.
In the event the group ceases to operate after discharging all debts and liabilities of the group, the remaining assets will not be paid or distributed among members, but shall be given or transferred to some other voluntary organisation having similar objects to those of the group.
Adoption of the Constitution
Until the first AGM takes place, the following three people shall act as the Management Committee.
The constitution was adopted on Tuesday 13th September 2016